Internally truncated transcripts described in different cancers (Ishii et al., 1999):
- Frameshift deletion 1546-1542 (exons affected: 1,2,3) reported in esophagus cancer
- In-frame deletion 558-1715 (exons affected: 2,3) reported in esophagus cancer
- In-frame deletion 1366-1641 (exon affected: 3) reported in prostate cancer
- In-frame deletion 1402-1578 (exon affected: 3) reported in esophagus and prostate cancer and in acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- In-frame deletion 1417-1515 (exon affected: 3) reported in melanoma
- In-frame deletion 1516-1584 (exon affected: 3) reported in melanoma.
A detailed DNA sequence analysis of LZTS1 gene performed in germline DNA extracted from a screening panel of sporadic and hereditary prostate cancers revealed the presence of 24 SNP. The four SNP listed below have a statistically significant association with sporadic prostate cancer (Hawkins et al., 2002):
- A allele of WF101-010 (2812G → A)
- C allele of WF101-012 (2883T → C)
- C allele of WF101-031 (3329C → T)
- G allele of WF101-014 (4361C → T).
Andrea Vecchione ; Luca Lavra ; Carlo M Croce
LZTS1 (leucine zipper, putative tumor suppressor 1)
Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol. 2012-06-01
Online version: http://atlasgeneticsoncology.org/gene/367/lzts1-(leucine-zipper-putative-tumor-suppressor-1)